Thursday, June 30, 2011

Loving winter!

I have to admit that although I adore summer and all our beach days, winter in Sydney is still my favourite time. 


It's closer to the climate I grew up in, I don't have to face the world in an embarrassing pool of sweat, I don't have to be quite so vigilant with the sunscreen, (which can add at least half an hour to our morning schedule), and I can move around much more quickly, if I feel like it.
Ah!, winter! An excuse not go out in the evenings and snuggle up with loved ones, to drink red wine and eat soup. I'm a much happier person in winter.



I love going to the park with the boys, and walking/running, scooting, bike riding and feeding the ducks. 

I love our new pot belly fire in the back garden and baking potatoes in it. It reminds me of November the 5th. I even found some sparklers in the kitchen draw last weekend and we had a great time.
The boys also enjoyed learning how charcoal is made and even produced some lovely drawings with it, closely supervised of course.

Here's some photos that warm my heart.



















No comments:

Post a Comment